Orthodontics in Turkey Istanbul is one of the branches of dentistry, its goal is to repair or apply dental defects to each other. Dental problems have many forms, including:
- One of the teeth coming out of the natural row, whether the teeth of the upper or lower jaw.
- That there is a tooth that is older or smaller than the adjacent teeth.
- Spaces between the teeth are due to genetic diseases.
Defects of the upper and lower jaws, such as the difference in their size that the upper jaw is larger or vice versa, which leads to the problem of malocclusion, and this affects the appearance of the patient, the way he pronounces and chews food.
|Results||Gradually / Lifetime|
|Process Duration||45 Minutes|
|Stay in Turkey||3 days|
|Cost||Depending on orthodontic type|
Orthodontic installation video in Turkey
Turk Aesthetic has extensive experience in the field of orthodontics, and is considered one of the best centers around the world..
Here is a video of one of the orthodontic operations we performed at Turk Aesthetic Istanbul
Who can perform orthodontics?
The optimal age period for the treatment of dental misalignment is between seven and fourteen years.
The beginning of the seventh because it is considered the last stage of the formation of the teeth until the teeth are in their permanent form and their growth has been completed and the structure of the jaws is stable.
When you notice anything abnormal in the consistency of the teeth after the age of seven, then going to the dentist is a must.
How is orthodontics performed in Turkey?
Orthodontics is a long-term treatment, which can last for a year or two, depending on the situation and adherence to treatment. At first, the diagnosis stage begins.
- During this stage and through several visits, the doctor performs examinations to ensure that there are no problems in any orthodontic tooth.
- After that, the doctor forms an exact copy of the patient’s mouth as a model on which he studies the type of case, the most correct method of treatment, and the types of orthodontics appropriate for his condition.
- The doctor also performs accurate examinations that enable him to see the roots of the permanent teeth in relation to the jaw bones and the straightening of the adjacent teeth, and the effect of the Orthodontics on them and the shape of the face after the correction process.
Orthodontic installation steps in Turkey
- Put an adhesive on the surface of the teeth and jaws.
- Install the stents on the adhesive.
- Fix the abutments well by applying pressure firmly to ensure that they will make the appropriate change to the shape of the tooth.
- Connect the supports with metal wires.
- Visit the doctor from time to time so that he can change it as a result of rust and breakage.
- After the orthodontics succeeded in correcting the shape of the front teeth as planned, the abutments, metal wires, and orthodontic appliances are completely removed.
- Then a device is installed that maintains the position of the teeth to ensure that they do not move again and return to what they were.
- This device remains fixed until the jawbones reshape themselves around the new position of the teeth to maintain the shape of the new front teeth alignment.
- The consistency of the position and size of the teeth returns to their normal shape, the occlusion of the teeth of the upper and lower jaws returns to its normal state and the face returns to its normal shape as well.
Before and after photos
Here are pictures of cases made at the Turk Aesthetic Center in Istanbul before and after orthodontics
Orthodontics types in Turkey
Orthodontics types differ according to:
(Patient’s diagnosis, the material the braces are made of, the shape of the braces, the defects of each type, the cost of the braces)
Diagnosis: Most adults with misaligned teeth.
The material used and the shape of the braces: rust-resistant metal in the form of a small abutment that is fixed to the surfaces of the teeth whose consistency is to be corrected using a kind of adhesive, and then these abutments are connected using a thin metal wire.
Disadvantages of metal Orthodontics
It injures the gums and cheeks at first.
Teeth cleaning hassle where you should pay attention to the foods that are eaten, especially foods like chewing gum and caramel, these foods stick to the surface of the metal braces, causing them to collect on the surface of the tooth, which leads to increased rates of caries.
Metal orthodontic treatment cost
It is considered the least expensive type of Orthodontics.
Metal braces can be unpopular with most people due to their appearance.
Ceramic orthodontics inTurkey
Ceramic braces are light in weight and beautiful in appearance, with fewer defects than the traditional type.
Diagnosis: Most adults who want a neat appearance of a smile.
The material used and the shape of the braces: The color of the bracket is mixed with the color of the tooth, which makes the braces unnoticeable, achieving a great aesthetic aspect. The material is a type of porcelain with a high degree of transparency and purity in appearance.
Disadvantages of ceramic braces
- Porcelain is prone to breakage, especially in people with high chewing force.
- The change in the color of the wires connecting the stents, but with the follow-up of the doctor, this defect can be overcome by changing those wires in the event of a change in color.
- In terms of cost, ceramic dental braces are more expensive than traditional braces.
Internal orthodontics in Turkey
A type of orthodontic that is installed on the inner surface of the tooth and pushes it forward to return it to its normal position, so the jaw bones are expanded and thus the face returns to its natural shape.
The use of internal orthodontics is preferred in the case of patients who suffer from crowding of the teeth caused by the small size of the jaw, and this causes the teeth to move inward.
Internal Orthodontics advantages
It is aesthetically pleasing and preferred by most adults. It is placed on the inner surface of the tooth, making it invisible.
internal Orthodontics disadvantages
- Wisdom tooth extraction, which causes severe damage.
- Extraction of a tooth to provide space to be used to expand the jaw and realign the teeth.
- Not suitable for small sized teeth, and may cause throat damage.
- The cost of the internal Orthodontics is large, and it is considered more than the cost of traditional and ceramic.
- The combination process is very difficult and complex, you need a highly qualified doctor.
In our time and with modern technologies, it is possible to overcome this defect, and then install an orthodontic without extracting the teeth, where a device is installed for a certain period of time that expands the jaw.
Transparent orthodontics in Turkey
A type of orthodontic, can be used on adults and teens. Suitable for everyone with some consistency deficiencies, not recommended for children. The shape of the transparent braces is very similar to the dentures.
All made of transparent plastic, perfectly matching the internal structure of the mouth. Therefore, it was made in order to match the shape of the mouth and coordinate the teeth.
Disadvantages of transparent Orthodontics
Ineffective with defects of consistency and crowding of the teeth.
Lightweight, easy to put on and take off, so the patient can easily lose it.
Surgical Orthodontics in Turkey
A type of orthodontic treatment that aims to treat defects in the jawbones.
As it is possible for there to be sharp protrusions in the upper jaw or lower jaw, so the affected part is separated and reshaped again..
It is fixed by installing stents attached to it that fix the bones in their new place long enough for complete fusion with the bones of the face.
This surgery is not obligatory to cut the skin of the face, it can be done through the mouth opening.
The patient wears orthotics to help maintain the new position of the bones.
The simplest type of braces, placed only on the front of the teeth.
It is often worn by the patient after a conventional orthodontic treatment, in order to ensure that the teeth remain in their new position and in the correct position.
This type of Orthodontics is preferred to be used with children.
Types of removable orthodontics
1. It is made of a plastic material that has the shape of the jaw to be straightened. The first type of orthodontic is transparent, and therefore it is preferred from an aesthetic point of view, and is light in weight, which leads to patient comfort.
2. An arc-shaped wire suitable for the shape of the jaw, made of stainless steel, is installed on the front side of the permanent teeth to maintain the consistency of the teeth, especially after the end of the regular or traditional orthodontic treatment.
Features of removable orthodontics
Patient comfort, ease of removal and installation of food or drink or even to clean tooth decay.
Orthodontic treatment can be continued for no more than 6 or 12 months.
Short wearing it to no more than three hours a day, or it can be worn while sleeping only.
The latest technologies used in orthodontics, the doctor places a laser on the teeth, which in turn cuts the tissues.
Advantages of laser orthodontics
Patient comfort and no pain.
The patient is not subjected to any type of anesthesia.
It does not cause any gum bleeding during the procedure.
Orthodontics components in Turkey
Small metal pieces or suspenders that stick directly, are hollow inside and have an openable hook.
A metal wire inserted in the middle of the metal pieces attached to the tooth connects all the brackets attached to the teeth of the jaw.
Sometimes the dentist has to use other tools and techniques with orthodontics, jaw expanders that improve the appearance of the jawbones and expand the occlusal range and smile.
Orthodontics procedure duration
- In general, the period of orthodontics ranges between 1-3 years, but the matter varies from person to person depending on several factors:
- The patient’s age.
- The nature of the problem that the orthodontist must address.
- The spaces between the teeth.
- The health of the teeth, mouth, jaws and gums.
- Types of orthodontics used.
In the first months due to the pressure caused by the abutments on the surface of the teeth.
Injury to the inner tissues of the mouth: Braces and metal wires can hurt the gums and lips.
Because of the pressure that the braces cause on the teeth, which leads to their erosion.
Tooth root decay
This happens in some exceptions, when the jaw bones are strong and resist the movement of the roots of the teeth resulting from the pressure of the orthodontic, which leads to their erosion.
Food sticks to the surface of the abutments, forming places for food to collect quickly, which leads to tooth decay quickly destroying them.
This is a result of the jaw bones being broken so that the teeth can move to the normal position again.
Orthodontics cost in Turkey
Orthodontic prices in Turkey vary according to the factors mentioned earlier in the article, but we can say that they range from 250 to 2500 dollars.
FAQ | Orthodontics in Turkey
What is orthodontic used for?
Orthodontics is a type of instrument that doctors use for cosmetic and aesthetic purposes.
Get a smile where the teeth are aligned regularly.
Occlusion of the jaws and teeth of the upper jaw and lower jaw on each other.
Bringing the prominent front teeth back, and expanding the jaws.
Does Orthodontics cause a feeling of discomfort?
It is very normal for the patient to feel temporary light pressure on the teeth after each monthly review session to activate the orthodontic device without going beyond the sensation of pain.
There is no doubt that the correct treatment plan and the experience of the attending physician not to apply too much force on the teeth.
Choosing the best materials and orthodontic wires have an essential role that is reflected in the patient’s comfort during treatment.
Does orthodontics prevent dental cleaning well?
It is normal to increase your dental and gum care during orthodontic treatment.
Using an orthodontic toothbrush and brushing your teeth after every meal.
You can also use orthodontic dental floss as well.
It is necessary to periodically review every three months for a dental cleaning in the clinic.
What are the problems that orthodontics may cause inside the mouth?
Orthodontics should not cause any problems inside the mouth, but not taking care of dental hygiene.
Failure to comply with the doctor’s instructions can lead to tooth decay, inflammation and bleeding of the gums, or sometimes ulcers inside the mouth.
For more information about orthodontics at Turk Aesthetic, you can contact the special team via the following link.