IVF in Turkey Istanbul (In vitro fertilisation) is the process of taking ovums from the mother’s ovaries and fertilizing them with sperm in test tubes in a laboratory setting. The fertilized ovum and sperm form the embryo, and the resulting embryo is placed in the mother’s uterus.
Individuals who are unable to have children naturally resort to this method. This process takes two to five days and this method works best in selecting embryos. There are two types of Test tube baby. One is the natural fertilization of the ovum with sperm, and the other is the injection of the sperm into the ovum through needles. You can find quick information about the process below:
|3 – 5 Days
|After 5 Days
|A pregnancy test is performed 12 days after the embryo transfer.
|Turk Aesthetic Cost
|4000 – 5000 EURO
How is IVF done in Turkey?
Before the IVF in Turkey, blood tests are performed for both spouses, after which it is checked whether the fallopian tubes and uterus are suitable for the woman, in addition to checking the strength and speed of the sperms in the man.
The ovaries are stimulated to produce ovums and then monitored with ultrasound. Based on the results of the tests, it is decided whether the operation will take place or not. At the beginning of the operation, the patient is completely anesthetized. Then the appropriate ovum is taken from the ovary with a simple process.
If a suitable ovum is not found, fertilization is delayed by a month in order to stimulate the ovaries and obtain a suitable ovum. Sperm is taken from the male. On average, about 100,000 sperm should be available per ovum. After that, fertilization is carried out through a special tube between the ovum and the sperm.
The doctor who performs IVF in Turkey
Test tube baby is a procedure performed by an experienced gynecologist. A trusted center, a highly sterile clinical environment, and a highly qualified doctor are all things to consider when choosing a hospital or medical center to study. The height of the procedure can sometimes reflect the high efficiency and reliability of the center, so it is better not to discuss or negotiate the high cost.
Who can perform IVF in Turkey?
- If the sperm count is less than five million or the motility is poor.
- If the female’s ovum is not healthy.
- If the fallopian tubes are blocked so that the sperm cannot meet the ovum.
- Fertilization becomes impossible in cases of fallopian tube removal due to cancer
- Ovarian calcification in women (the source of ovum production).
- The woman’s age and her inability to conceive naturally.
- Blockage of the fallopian tubes, one or both tubes.
- Discomfort during ovulation
- Infertility for unknown reasons
- Presence of anti-sperm antibodies in the cervix
- Ovarian dysfunction due to early menopause or cancer. When one of these problems occurs, people can apply for a Test tube baby.
Who can not perform IVF?
- Menopausal women are over the age of 43, that is, unable to produce ovums.
- Men with low sperm count, poor sperm motility or sperm malformation.
- Women who have had a hysterectomy.
- Congenital disorders of the uterus and reproductive system.
- People with high chronic diseases.
- If there is a varicocele in men, it must be treated first.
The steps of the IVF in Turkey
Before the operation
A comprehensive blood test is done to check for any hormonal imbalances. In case of any problem or medication used, the doctor should be informed. The appropriate protocol is chosen after a clinical examination by ultrasound machine to ensure that the ovaries and uterus are ready. Congenital malformations can play a negative role in the development of the fetus. It is better for a woman to try to lose weight before this procedure, since excess weight negatively affects the process.
At this stage, both men and women are examined. Sperm samples are taken from the men and examined, and medications are given to the man if needed. When a sperm sample is taken, the man should stop having intercourse three days before.
Then the sperm count, motility and color are checked. The normal sperm count ranges from 20 to 300 million per mm. Finally, psychological support plays an important role in the success of the operation because stress causes biological changes in the body from various hormonal secretions that prevent pregnancy.
During IVF in Turkey
The IVF in Turkey goes through five stages:
Total Time: 20 days
At this point, the ovaries are stimulated to produce ovums by giving women special medicines called fertility drugs. Usually, a woman produces one ovum each month. The medications stimulate the ovaries to produce several ovums at once. At this point, the ovums in the woman’s ovaries are monitored with a transvaginal ultrasound. Blood tests are done to check the level of the hormone.
A minor surgery called oocyte retrieval. The woman is subjected to general anesthesia so that she does not feel pain during this procedure. Using an ultrasound scan, the doctor inserts a long, thin needle through the vagina into the follicle. The needle is connected to a suction device that pulls out ovums and fluid from each follicle, pulling out one ovum at a time. Then this process takes place in the second ovary. The semen is taken from the man, provided that he has stopped ejaculating for a period of no less than 3 days, to ensure the strength of the sperm.
The sperm from the man and the highest quality ovums from the woman’s body are placed in a controlled environment, and this process is called the collection of sperm and ovum.
Fertilization process: Sperm enter the ovum usually a few hours after fertilization.
If the doctor thinks fertilization is unlikely, sperm can be artificially inserted directly into the ovum, a process called intracytoplasmic sperm injection.
Most in vitro fertilization (IVF in Turkey) programs perform intracytoplasmic sperm injection as part of routine ovum fertilization procedures, even if there are no foreseeable problems.
Another method used in Test tube baby. The sperm is injected into the ovum through a pipette. This is done under the microscope. In this way, the ovum and sperm are collected one by one and fertilization takes place at a high rate.
When a fertilized ovum begins to divide, it becomes an embryo. Lab staff check the fetus regularly to make sure it is dividing as expected. After about five days, a healthy embryo is one that has a number of cells that continue dividing actively. In cases where the possibility of certain syndromes being “genetically transmitted” to the fetus is diagnosed, preimplantation genetic diagnosis can be made and before the fetus is placed in the female’s womb. This process is performed about 3 to 4 days after fertilization. Laboratory staff takes one cell from each embryo and perform a comprehensive examination to diagnose certain genetic disorders.
The embryos are transferred to the woman’s uterus about 3 to 5 days after ovum retrieval and fertilization. The ovums are transferred in the doctor’s office and anesthesia is not used. The doctor inserts a long, thin “catheter” containing the embryos into the uterus through the vagina. If it settles on the uterine wall and continues to grow, pregnancy occurs. Multiple fetuses are returned to the woman’s uterus, and this can lead to multiple fetuses: twins, triplets and more. Other embryos that are not injected into the uterus are frozen and stored in an environment similar to the female’s body for later use in another process. It is encouraged to divide and return to the uterus five days after the operation.
Doctors usually take more than one ovum (for example, six ovums can be stimulated at the same time) and choose the most appropriate.
After the process
After the operation, medications and hormones that stabilize pregnancy, such as progesterone, are given. In order to ensure the continuation and success of the pregnancy, regular visits to the doctor are required to ensure the success of the procedure.
IVF in Turkey aftercare instructions
- Foods rich in monounsaturated fats such as avocados, nuts, seeds, sunflower oil, and olive oil help to stabilizeTest tube baby.
- Meditation and stress relief are very effective for IVF fixation. Stress negatively affects the reproductive system and reduces the chances of a successful operation, so stress should be avoided.
- Avoid foods with a high glycemic index, alcohol and caffeine.
- Low blood sugar aids slower digestion providing a steady and gradual supply of energy.
- Legumes, grains, low-fat dairy products, broccoli, sweet potatoes and mushrooms are helping foods.
- Avoid strenuous exercises before and during Test tube baby procedure and opt for light exercises such as walking, yoga and swimming because strenuous exercises can cause pregnancy to fail.
- Adequate sleep at least two weeks before surgery (at least 8 hours per day).
- Weight is healthy.
- Your body mass index (BMI) should be monitored, as excess weight makes pregnancy difficult and reduces the chances of the procedure being successful.
- Stay away from the sauna and jacuzzi (excess body heat negatively affects pregnancy).
- Take the supplements and vitamins your doctor recommends.
Successful signs of IVF in Turkey
- The success rate of Test tube baby is between 40% and 60%. The causes of pregnancy failure depend on factors such as the ovulation technique used, and the female’s response to the in vitro fertilization process.
- Sometimes, the number of fertilized ovums to be transferred to the uterus plays a role in the outcome, it is not recommended to transfer more than three embryos to avoid the failure of the procedure. Recently, only one ovum (one embryo) has been transferred.
- The thickness of the uterine wall plays a role in the success of the implantation of the ovum, and thus the success of the procedure.
- If you notice bleeding from the vagina after the first week of the procedure, this indicates that the surgery was unsuccessful.
- If no bleeding is observed, this is a positive sign of success.
- The result of the blood test (BHC) on the eleventh day after the delivery of the fertilized ovum to the uterus determines the success of the procedure by 50%.
- Abdominal pain, nausea, headache, insomnia and general fatigue are symptoms of a successful procedure.
Advantages and disadvantages of IVF in Turkey
- Test tube baby have a higher success rate than other methods of vaccination.
- This method can be applied in cases where there is no normal pregnancy.
- Fertilized ovums can be frozen.
- In some rare cases, there may be laparoscopic surgery to retrieve the ovums.
- Pregnancy does not occur after menopause.
- The procedure may not give positive results from the first time and may need to repeat the procedure.
The female may experience cramps after the embryo transfer, but they usually go away after a day or so.
What is the success rate of artificial insemination (IVF)?
IVF in Turkey success rates depend on a number of factors. Such as fertility, location of the procedure and lifestyle. Success rates generally vary according to the age of the woman, because success rates decline with age and approaching menopause. Here are the pregnancy success rates after Test tube baby according to the woman’s age:
- Under the age of 35 the success rate is 55%.
- Between the ages of 35-37 the success rate is 42%.
- Between the ages of 41-42 the success rate is 13%.
- For women aged 43 and over, the success rate is only 4%.
IVF in Turkey Istanbul
Turkey in general, and Istanbul in particular, is the destination of many tourists who visit Turkey for treatment and tourism at the same time, because of its many advantages such as the abundance of options, the expertise of doctors and the quality of healthcare. IVF in Turkey is one of the most important options available for treatment, and it ranges between 4000 – 5000 euros, depending on each center and the details of the operation.
IVF cost in Turkey Istanbul
The average cost of IVF in Turkey in the world is about $12,000, which is a relatively high price.
In countries like Turkey, the cost of Test tube baby is much lower, ranging between 2500-3500 euros.
At Turk Aesthetic Istanbul, the cost of a Test tube baby varies from 2,300 to 3,300 euros on average, depending on the details. There may be additional fees for binary tests.
You can contact the Turk Aesthetic team on the contact page to request the cost including accommodation and transportation.
FAQ – IVF in Turkey Istanbul
How long does IVF in Turkey take?
Treatment consists of several stages. Based on that, it takes 15-20 days.
Will there be pain during the IVF in Turkey?
There is no pain during the IVF in Turkey.
What are the benefits of tube baby operation?
It is a good alternative for people who cannot have children naturally.
What is the cost of IVF in Turkey?
The price of the IVF procedure varies between 4000 – 5000 euros.
What techniques can be used during IVF in Turkey?
In the IVF in Turkey method, sperm and ovums are taken from individuals and fertilized in a laboratory setting.
ICSI method, fertilization is done by injecting sperm into the ovum through a pipette.
Are healthy babies born in the process of IVF?
Medicine and scientific research in this field have not been able to prove any relationship between congenital malformation and IVF. It is a safe procedure and gives normal pregnancy results, while observing all the instructions that all pregnant women should follow regardless of the method of pregnancy.
How many attempts can be made if the operation fails?
There is no limited number of iterations. The failure of the procedure depends on the psychological state of the spouses.
When is IVF in Turkey recommended?
IVF in Turkey can be used to treat infertility caused by a variety of causes:
It is recommended for men who are unable to conceive due to reasons such as low or weak sperm. In women, ovulation, diseases of the uterus.