Bruxism treatment in Turkey Istanbul is an involuntary movement disorder in which the patient presses the teeth against each other. This causes many disorders and diseases of the teeth and gums. It can occur at the beginning of the day when the patient wakes up or at night during sleep and is known in this case as bruxism during sleep.
Bruxism treatment video in Turkey
Turk Aesthetic has extensive experience in the field of dentistry, and is considered one of the best centers around the world. Here is a video of the Bruxism treatment in Turkey that we performed at Turk Aesthetic in Istanbul.
Specialist doctors in Turkey
The diagnosis of bruxism is carried out by the dentist. The doctor looks for signs of bruxism, such as cracking of the teeth and fractures of unknown cause, and he also examines the gums to see if there are injuries in the gums.
- If the doctor finds any signs, he will do regular checkups to make sure the signs are progressing on a regular basis.
- Then he identifies the causes by other signs of gnashing of teeth.
- If it is due to sleep disorders, the diagnosis needs to be examined by a doctor who specializes in sleep disorders to evaluate the condition.
- The doctor may perform a test while the patient is asleep, known as a polysomnography.
- It is a test that is conducted in sleep centers and while the patient is sleeping, and it confirms the diagnosis when there is suspicion of bruxism.
Bruxism treatment in Turkey Istanbul
- In some cases, treatment is not required because it is possible that the condition will regress automatically or not cause damage to the teeth, and therefore no treatment is required.
- In severe cases, it can be treated with some methods carried out by the dentist or by non-medical methods, and it is also possible to manage and treat dental cases and take preventive measures to prevent further damage to the teeth and gums.
- Reducing stress and stress, and this is not only useful for getting rid of gnashing of teeth, but is also beneficial for health in general.
- Conducting examinations and discussing problems with the doctor.
- Exercising is one of the fastest ways to get rid of stress and tension.
- You have to eat healthy and stay away from fast food and soft drinks.
- You have herbal tea to reduce your tension before bed.
- Avoid chewing gum as it increases the risk.
Types of bruxism treatment in Turkey
1- Night guard
- One of the tools used to protect against gnashing of teeth during sleep at night..
- Where it works to balance pressure in all places of the jaw.
- Dental guards are made of rubber or plastic so that they form a barrier between the upper and lower teeth.
- This, in turn, reduces damage and other potential problems caused by bruxism.
Types of night guards for Bruxism Treatment in Turkey
Ready-made dental guards
This type of dental protector is pre-made, and you can buy it from pharmacies or sports stores, but it may have some drawbacks, such as:
- Its design cannot be controlled to improve its fit to your teeth.
- Difficulty breathing and speaking due to its large size.
- They may provide relatively little protection.
Dental guards made by heating and biting
This type is made of thermoplastic and can be purchased at sporting goods stores. Where it is placed in hot water until it softens, then it is placed in the mouth and bitten on it. It forms around the teeth, ensuring you get a dental guard that is just the right size for your teeth.
Custom made dental guards
You can get a dental guard that is tailored to the shape and structure of your teeth and mouth. Where the doctor takes a mold to shape your teeth and then, using a special material, designs the guard. Due to the use of special materials and due to the time and effort spent, the cost of this type of dental protector is higher than the other types.
The best in terms of comfort and protection. Difficulty getting it out of the mouth while sleeping. All of the above types often cover only the upper teeth, but if you wear braces or a fixed dental appliance in the lower jaw, the doctor will make a protector for the lower jaw as well.
How do you maintain the night guard?
You must take care of the dental guard from damage and keep it clean, and this is done by following the following tips:
- Brush and floss your teeth before applying a dental guard.
- Rinse the mouth with cold water and avoid hot water before applying the condom, as this may affect its shape.
- Use a toothbrush and toothpaste to clean it after each use.
- Keep it in a hard, closed container but have some ventilation in order to dry.
- Keep the dental guard away from pets.
- Bring a condom at every visit to the doctor to make sure it’s safe and still suitable for use.
- Replace the dental guard if you notice any holes, wear, or any signs of damage.
2- Dental bruxism treatment with Botox
- By injecting small doses of botulinum toxin directly into the muscle of the master,
- It is the large muscle that moves the jaw, weakening the muscle enough to stop the jaw from contracting.
- The involuntary bruxism of the teeth relaxes the muscles greatly and reduces the friction of the teeth.
- In this way headaches, voluntary movements such as chewing and facial expressions are eliminated.
Botox for bruxism treatment in Turkey
Botox for bruxism treatment in Turkey is a painless and no downtime procedure. You can return to your daily life immediately after treatment. You can see results as soon as possible during the following weeks after treatment. It has no side effects, except in some cases, some minor bruises occur, which can be covered with makeup.
03- Non-medical methods for Bruxism Treatment in Turkey
- Try to get rid of stress from stress because they are two main factors.
- Changing some daily behaviors or habits, by practicing correct posture of the jaw and teeth.
- Stop smoking and drinking alcohol and try to avoid caffeine.
- Behavioral therapy with the help of a professional therapist can be helpful in relieving bruxism.
Bruxism Treatment in Turkey by non-medical methods during sleep
- Avoid foods and drinks that contain caffeine at night.
- Avoid chewing gum because it increases the risk of infection.
- Put a warm washcloth on the temporomandibular joint before bed.
- De-stress by some methods such as deep breathing, yoga, or reading before bed.
- Helping the head and neck in the correct sleeping position.
- Head and neck massage to relieve muscle tension and pain points associated with bruxism while sleeping.
If the grinding of the teeth is severe, it leads to the destruction of the enamel, which leads to other problems such as sensitivity and fracture of the teeth. Teeth grinding causes headaches, toothaches, gum atrophy, neck pain, and earache.
Crookedness, missing teeth, or the presence of extra teeth. Psychological reasons, such as stress and severe anxiety about life in general. Anxiety and tension in situations such as marriage, childbirth, work stress, etc., and thus pressure on the teeth is done unconsciously.
Causes of bruxism during the day
Psychological factors or as a result of diseases that cause teeth grinding, genetic reasons, or other reasons. Smoking, drinking alcohol or drinking a lot of coffee.
Certainly, stress and tension, along with frustration, are factors that cause gnashing of teeth during sleep. An aggressive, competitive, or hyperactive personality all increases the risk of bruxism during sleep. Stress and tension, as well as anger and frustration, are factors that can cause nighttime bruxism.
- The symptoms of gnashing of teeth during sleep differ from the symptoms of bruxism that occurs during the day..
- Symptoms of grinding teeth during the day
- Dental pain and sensitivity and its increase.
- Swelling of the jaw, neck or face.
- The muscles of the lower jaw get tired or spasm, the joint becomes spastic, and the process of opening and closing the mouth becomes a difficult process.
- Pain without injury to the ears.
- Teeth injury with fractures and fissures.
- Tooth decay and increased enamel erosion.
- Symptoms of bruxism during sleep
- Gritting teeth loud enough to wake others from their sleep.
- interrupted sleep
- Pain in the face, jaw and teeth upon waking.
- Damage to bruxism
- Tooth fractures and fissures.
- Flattening of the teeth and the emergence of spaces between them.
- Receding and inflammation of the gums, which exposes the roots of the teeth to decay and threatens to fall out of the teeth in severe cases.
- Diseases and inflammations of the jaw joint.
- Constant headache, neck and muscle pain.
Tips to avoid bruxism
- Try to relieve stress and tension in any way.
- Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol.
- Do not drink excessively coffee and stimulants and avoid taking stimulant drugs.
- Practice meditation and relaxation exercises.
- Regular dental check up.
Before and after photos of bruxism treatment in Turkey
Here are pictures of some of the cases that were performed at the Turk Aesthetic in Istanbul before and after the bruxism treatment in Turkey.
FAQ | Dental bruxism treatment in Turkey
Does a lack of vitamins lead to bruxism?
A deficiency of vitamins such as calcium and magnesium may lead to bruxism. Therefore, appropriate vitamins should be used as a complementary bruxism treatment. Eating a diet that includes calcium, milk and dairy products is very beneficial for fighting teeth grinding.
What is the home bruxism treatment in Turkey?
Reducing stress where you can listen to relaxing music to reduce stress. Take a hot bath or do yoga before bed. A routine for bedtime and going to bed each day at a set time.
Do worms and parasites lead to bruxism?
All health factors should be tested for the patient, because gastroenterologists believe that some diseases of the digestive system lead to bruxism.
What is the bruxism treatment for children done?
Children may suffer from gnashing of teeth, due to the misuse of food and digestive problems. It is very important to help the child relax more, especially at night. You can put a warm towel on your child’s face before going to bed to make him feel more relaxed. Regular visits to the dentist are recommended for treatment and prevention of bruxism in children.
Can bruxism treatment in Turkey done with orthodontics?
The flatness of the teeth resulting from bruxism can be eliminated by orthodontics, and if the cause of bruxism is a difference in occlusion or incorrect alignment of the teeth, it can be treated with orthodontics.
Is a night guard effective in bruxism treatment in Turkey during sleep?
The night guard is highly effective in protecting the teeth, gums and jaw joint from the stress of bruxism by absorbing this pressure, but it does not stop the cause of bruxism.