The process of correcting a deviation of the nasal septum procedure is a surgical operation. This operation is performed as a result of a deviated nasal septum, which is between the two nostrils, and this septum makes the nose straight and beautiful. When a defect occurs in this septum due to a congenital problem before birth, an accident, or due to aging, you must correct this defect because it affects breathing. If treatment is not done quickly, this septum continues to deviate.
deviation of the nasal septum procedure surgery in Istanbul, Turkey
A deviated septum in Turkey is considered one of the safest surgeries that is easily performed in specialized centers. In this process, the doctor adjusts the position of the nasal septum by removing the mucous layer that protects it and then returning it again after adjusting the nasal septum to its normal position.
deviation of the nasal septum procedure Video in Turkey
The process of correcting nasal septal deviation is one of the surgical procedures that are carried out in a safe manner, especially when performed in a hospital or a reliable medical center that contains a selection of doctors with extensive experience in the field of plastic surgery and contains the latest devices used, and here is a video showing how to perform the deviation of the nasal septum in Turkey Istanbul:
Who can do deviation of the nasal septum procedure surgery
- All healthy men and women are free from disease.
- Persons over the age of 16 years.
- Non-smokers and non-drinkers.
Who can not do deviation of the nasal septum procedure surgery
- Smokers who cannot stop smoking and who drink alcohol.
- Pregnant and lactating women out of fear for them.
- Young people whose facial bones have not yet completed the growth stage.
The doctor who performs deviation of the nasal septum procedure surgery
- The doctor who performs a deviated septum is a plastic surgeon.
- No other doctor can perform this operation.
- Before performing this operation, you must choose a reliable medical center that contains an elite of doctors in the field of plastic surgery, and that the sterilization in the center is good.
Anesthesia type used during deviation of the nasal septum procedure surgery
- The specialist doctor determines the type of anesthesia used according to the patient’s condition.
- The doctor may use local anesthesia during this procedure.
- In some cases, the doctor resorts to the use of general anesthetic.
deviation of the nasal septum procedure surgery steps
- The operation time ranges from 30 minutes to an hour and a half.
- The doctor anesthetizes the patient with local or general anesthesia, depending on the patient’s condition.
- The doctor makes an incision over the nasal septum.
- The doctor removes the mucus that surrounds and protects the nasal septum.
- The doctor then adjusts the position of the nasal septum.
- The doctor eventually returns the mucus around the septum closing the incision.
- There is no operation without side effects. The side effects are treated or disappear with the passage of time. Among these effects are:
- Feeling of difficulty breathing or high temperature.
- The presence of some infections in the area of the operation.
- Bleeding is possible.
- These symptoms do not occur in all cases, and if they do occur, they go away quickly.
Instructions before deviation of the nasal septum procedure procedure
- You must follow your doctor’s instructions in order to get the expected results.
- You must tell the doctor about the medications you take and the diseases you suffer from, as there are some medications that you must prevent before the operation, which are blood thinners.
- Refrain from smoking because it affects the nasal septum and avoid putting pressure on the septum as well.
- Pay attention to drinking water and eating foods that are beneficial to the body, such as vegetables and fruits.
Instructions After nasal septal deviation procedure
- It is very important to refrain from smoking in the post-operative phase as well.
- Avoid putting pressure on the nasal septum or exposing the nose to a strong smell to avoid infections.
- You should avoid severe sneezing.
- You should keep your head straight while sitting and while sleeping.
- Not making a lot of effort during the recovery period and not exposing the nose to sunlight.
Before and after nasal septal deviation procedure
Below we show you some pictures before and after the nasal septal surgery, which was performed at the Turk Aesthetic Center in Turkey, Istanbul:
Nasal septal deviation Non-surgical options
- Laser deviation of the nasal septum.
- Nasal septal deviation with fillers.
- Nasal septal deviation with plastic rhinoplasty.
- Endoscopic treatment of deviated nasal septum.
FAQ – Nasal septal deviation
What type of anesthesia is used in the process of deviated nasal septum?
The type of anesthesia used depends on the patient’s condition. It is possible to use local anesthesia and in some cases, general anesthesia is used.
What is the duration of the nasal septal deviation surgery?
The duration of the nasal septum operation ranges from 30 minutes to an hour and a half.
What is the cost for a deviated septum in Turkey?
The price of the procedure ranges from 2000 to 3500 US dollars.
What are the causes of deviated nasal septum?
The nasal septum deviation due to several reasons, including:
A fracture in the nose area.
Finally, you can contact the support team directly to request information and prices from Turk Aesthetic Center.