Gastric Sleeve Process or gastric banding is a procedure that is performed for obese people in order to reduce their weight and make them feel full more quickly so that they eat less food, which helps to reduce their weight.
The gastric banding procedure in Turkey is performed in a very safe way and with guaranteed results, as Turkey is considered one of the lowest countries in terms of the cost of the gastric banding procedure.
Gastric Sleeve Process surgery in Turkey,istanbul
Gastric banding in Turkey is done in a safe manner when performed in a trusted medical center. Gastric packing is done by adding a ring of saline around the top of the stomach, which makes the taste go down the stomach quickly and makes the person feel full faster than usual.
The ring placed around the stomach can be controlled by a pump placed under the patient’s skin.
Gastric Sleeve Process surgery video in Turkey
The process of gastric banding in Turkey is carried out in a safe and guaranteed manner, but before performing this procedure, you must choose a reliable medical center or hospital that contains an elite group of doctors and has the latest devices and technologies used in gastric banding operations in order to obtain the desired results and ensure the cleanliness of the place and the absence of any infection infection.
Below we show you a video of the gastric banding process that was performed at Turk Aesthetic Center in Turkey Istanbul:
Candidates for Gastric Sleeve Process
- People who are obese or overweight.
- People who have a mass index greater than 30 and have not been able to return to their ideal weight by traditional methods.
- Patients for whom obesity may pose a threat to their lives such as the risk of cardiovascular disease.
The doctor who performs Gastric Sleeve Process
- The doctor who performs the gastric banding procedure is a bariatric surgeon.
- No other doctor can perform this procedure.
- You should choose a doctor with extensive experience in order to get the desired results.
- The cost may go up a little when you choose an expert doctor, but he guarantees you results.
Anesthesia used in gastric banding
- Anesthesia used in the gastric banding procedure is determined by the doctor.
- All physicians with gastric banding use general anesthesia.
- General anesthesia is used to prevent the patient from feeling any pain.
Stomach packing process steps
- At first, the doctor gives the patient complete anesthesia and waits for the anesthetic to take effect.
- The doctor then starts using the laparoscope and makes small incisions on the abdomen.
- The doctor then places a silicone band around the upper part of the stomach.
- Then the doctor attaches this tape to a plastic tube until it reaches the surface of the abdomen to control the expansion of the silicone tape.
- The doctor finishes the operation and closes the incisions.
Gastric sleeve surgery cost in Turkey
- Turkey is one of the countries that performs gastric sleeve operations at a lower cost than other countries and under the supervision of elite doctors in specialized treatment centers.
- Choosing a reliable medical center with extensive experience, containing a selection of doctors, well sterilized and clean, leads to a little high cost, but it guarantees you success.
- The cost of performing the operation in Turkey ranges between 350-500 dollars, due to the difference in cost between the centers and some of them, as well as the doctor who performs the operation.
Pros and cons of gastric banding
Advantages of gastric banding
- Gastric sleeve surgery is one of the safest weight loss procedures.
- Small and few incisions are made, which shortens the hospital stay.
- The belt can be removed at any time if the patient wants to.
- The belt around the stomach is controlled according to the patient’s weight.
- This process does not affect the absorption of food in the body like the processes associated with the duodenum.
Disadvantages of gastric banding
- Infection or bleeding may occur during anesthesia.
- The ring can move from its place on the stomach, which requires performing the operation again.
- The weight loss is not as significant as the rest of the sleeve gastrectomy and bypass surgery.
- It is possible to gain weight again.
Before and after gastric sleeve surgery
Below we show you some before and after photos of the gastric banding procedure, which was performed at Turk Aesthetic Center in Turkey, Istanbul:
Instructions before gastric sleeve surgery
- You must tell the doctor about all the diseases and medicines you are taking.
- You should consult your doctor about the right type of gastric bypass that can be performed for you.
- The doctor makes you do some blood tests, such as a blood picture and liver function.
- The doctor does an x-ray of the abdomen to check the liver and gallbladder.
Instructions after Gastric Sleeve Process
- The doctor’s instructions must be adhered to so as not to cause complications and to reach the desired results.
- It is recommended not to do any sports activity or require effort for a week.
- The patient should drink plenty of water and eat liquid or pureed foods for 2-3 weeks after the procedure.
- The doctor adjusts the silicone ring as needed.
FAQ – Gastric Sleeve Process
Will you feel pain when you have a gastric banding procedure?
No, you will not feel pain during the gastric banding procedure because the doctor uses anesthesia.
What type of anesthesia is used in gastric banding?
The anesthesia used in the gastric banding process is determined by the specialist doctor, but in all cases of gastric banding, doctors resort to the use of general anesthesia.
How long is the gastric banding procedure?
The gastric banding procedure does not take much time as it only takes one hour.
What is the price of gastric sleeve surgery in Turkey?
The price of a gastric banding procedure in Turkey ranges between 350-500 dollars, due to the difference in the center and the doctor who performs the procedure.
What is the recovery period after gastric sleeve surgery?
Gastric banding does not require a long recovery period, as the patient can return to his normal life two weeks after the operation.