Stomach Reduction Operation in Turkey surgery is a surgical operation that aims to get rid of excess weight by removing the outer part of the stomach, thus transforming the shape of the stomach from a large bag into the shape of a long and thin tube. Therefore, the Stomach Reduction operation is called a sleeve gastrectomy.
Stomach Reduction surgery is considered one of the crucial operations, so it is necessary to consult a doctor and take the time to think to make a decision.
Stomach Reduction Operation in Turkey – Istanbul
Stomach Reduction surgery is one of the most popular weight loss and obesity treatment surgeries, as this operation reduces the size of the stomach by removing part of its size, about 70-85%, and this helps reduce the amount of food that a person eats.
Stomach Reduction surgery video Istanbul
Stomach Reduction operation in Turkey is performed in a safe way, whether when performing this operation in a hospital or a reliable medical center, and the reputation of the place must be ensured and that this place has obtained positive results from previous clients, and here is a video that shows you how to perform a gastric sleeve operation in Turkey Istanbul
Who can perform Stomach Reduction Operation in Turkey?
- Obese people whose medical treatment, sports and diet have failed to treat it.
- People with genetic obesity are difficult to treat medically.
- Good health
- People who do not suffer from diabetes, liver or blood diseases such as liquidity and others, or at least that these diseases are under the control of treatment and do not have any visible symptoms.
Who can not do Stomach Reduction Operation in Turkey?
- Stomach Reduction surgery cannot be performed for people who suffer from certain diseases such as liver disease and diabetes.
- People with blood thinners.
- People with gastroesophageal reflux disease or gastroesophageal reflux disease.
- In cases of gastrointestinal tumors, gastritis, and cases of hiatal hernia.
- The operation cannot be performed if the body mass index is less than the permissible rate for bariatric surgery, where the body mass index is less than 25-30.
The doctor who performs the Stomach Reduction operation
- The doctors who perform Stomach Reduction are bariatric doctors and the Department of General Surgery.
- The doctor must have at least a master’s degree in bariatric surgery.
- No doctor from any other specialties can perform this operation.
- You must ask and search for previous people who conducted the surgery and make sure that the doctor is highly experienced and qualified.
Anesthesia type used in Stomach Reduction surgery
The anesthesia in Stomach Reduction surgery is often complete anesthesia, and the doctor may use regional anesthesia in some cases, with the help of hypnotics and medications that help relax the muscles.
Stomach Reduction operation steps in Turkey
- Complete sterilization of the doctor, patient and medical staff supervising the process.
- The doctor anesthetizes the patient and then makes five small incisions, with each incision ranging from 1 cm to 2 cm.
- The doctor inserts the endoscope through these openings and then cuts the outer part of the stomach, which is approximately 805 the size of the stomach, and thus the stomach becomes like a thin tube.
- The doctor shines a laser beam on the removed part in order to shrink it and pull it out of the body through these small openings.
- An instrument is inserted through one of the openings, where you place pins or stitches to close the remaining part of the stomach inside the body.
- Sometimes the doctor places a tube in one of the openings so that any fluid can leak out.
- Eventually these openings are closed with sutures and the wound is covered and disinfected.
Stomach Reduction Operation in Turkey Side effects
There is no surgery that is not without side effects, as well as Stomach Reduction surgery has some side effects and damages such as:
- Bleeding and infection.
- Temporary bowel obstruction.
- Nausea and vomiting.
- Gastric acid infusion.
- Gastric acid reflux into the esophagus.
- Injury to the pancreas and the occurrence of deposition of juice.
- Anesthesia complications.
Stomach Reduction Operation in Turkey cost Istanbul
The prices of Stomach Reduction surgery vary according to the center that performs the operation, as well as according to the type of anesthesia and the patient’s condition, in addition to his weight and the care he needs.
The prices for Stomach Reduction surgery in Turkey Istanbul range from 4000 to 4500 USD.
Before and after Stomach Reduction surgery in Turkey
Below we show you some photos before and after the Stomach Reduction operation in Turkey, which was well accomplished at Turk Aesthetic Center in Turkey Istanbul
Instructions before Stomach Reduction Operation in Turkey
Two weeks before the operation, you must perform the following procedures:
- To do some tests, including glands analysis, kidney and liver function, and blood picture.
- You have to stop taking certain medications such as anti-diabetic drugs and aspirin.
- You should stop smoking and alcohol as they can cause a drop in the oxygen level.
- You should take an antibiotic prescribed by your doctor to prevent any infection from occurring during the procedure.
- 24 hours ago
- You must stop eating for at least 24 hours before the operation in addition to stopping drinking for at least 12 hours.
- During the day of the procedure
- You must wear loose-fitting clothes and come early to the medical center to complete the procedures for the operation.
Instructions after Stomach Reduction surgery
- You should take the antibiotic prescribed by your doctor for a week or two to prevent any infection, and you should also take an anti-inflammatory.
- You have to rest for two days and then you can walk slowly.
- You do not have to do any hard work for at least a month after the operation.
- You should take clear, light liquids and juices for 10 days after the operation, and then complete liquids and food squeezed in a blender, and then gradually light meals until you eat the normal foods.
- You must be careful while eating in order to relieve pressure on the stomach until the wound heals.
- It is recommended to drink plenty of water to avoid stress and dehydration.
- Your doctor may prescribe some nutritional and vitamin supplements that you may need to take for a period of time.
FAQ – Stomach Reduction surgery Turkey
What is the difference between Stomach Reduction and gastric banding?
Stomach Reduction is the removal of the outer part of the stomach, thus transforming the shape of the stomach from a large pouch to the shape of a long, thin tube.
Gastric banding is the binding of the stomach with a ligament in order to reduce its size, but it is an ancient operation that has almost ceased to exist in the medical world.
Is appetite restored after gaining the appropriate weight?
Yes, appetite is restored gradually, but you must keep eating small and healthy meals.
Does the stomach expand again after Stomach Reduction?
The stomach can regain its normal size, according to the eating habits and the amount of food eaten, so you must follow a diet so as not to gain weight again.
Does Stomach Reduction prevent pregnancy?
On the contrary, it is known that obesity operations in general increase fertility and chances of conception.
How does a Stomach Reduction operation reduce weight?
Gastric bypass surgery results in up to 60% weight loss.
What is the cost of Stomach Reduction surgery?
The cost varies according to the patient’s condition and the center performing the operation. The cost of Stomach Reduction surgery ranges between 4000 and 4500 US dollars.