Birth control implant in turkey The contraceptive patch under the skin is one of the most used birth control methods in Turkey and the world recently. It is in the form of a thin cylinder with a soft structure, 4 cm long, which is placed under the skin. After insertion, the implant does not dissolve in the body. The purpose of this implant under the skin is to prevent pregnancy by stopping the release of eggs into the body or by preventing the passage of sperm into the uterus. Its effectiveness lasts for an average of 3 years, as after 3 years it must be replaced with a new chip. This procedure can be repeated from the period of the menstrual cycle until the menopause optionally by the patient, that is, the length of the fertility period.
Birth control methods
Birth control methods in Turkey can be classified under several main headings:
This method is the most preferred. With these pills certain hormones are given to the body and must be taken daily. There is a risk of pregnancy if it is not taken.
It is a device that the doctor places in the cervix that prevents sperm from entering the fallopian tubes. When it is removed, pregnancy may occur.
These injections, which take place once a month or every three months, contain hormones that prevent the formation of eggs, thicken cervical secretions, and prevent sperm from reaching the uterus.
It is the surgical connection of the tubes between the ovaries and the uterus, and it is considered one of the permanent and final methods.
Subcutaneous contraceptive chip
It is one of the methods of birth control that has gained popularity in recent times and is preferred by obstetricians. This implant is placed in the form of a tube under the skin with contraceptive chip technology. Protection is available for up to 3 years. When it is removed, pregnancy can occur. Below we will tell you all about the subcutaneous strip and NEXPLANON.
Doctor who performs the contraceptive chip
This procedure is performed by obstetricians and gynecologists only, and no other doctor can perform this procedure. And to get a good result, you must choose a successful doctor and medical center.
Contraceptive implant procedure steps in Turkey
It must be inserted and removed by a physician highly experienced for the procedure. The doctor will decide the appropriate time for the procedure after examining the patient. Local anesthesia is used in the procedure. The arm that is used less often in daily life is mostly preferred. It should be applied between the first and fifth day of the menstrual period.
Subcutaneous placement of Nexplanon
- The person lies on his back during this process.
- Fold the arm towards the head.
- The implant is placed under the skin by choosing the arm that you do not overuse.
- The place determined by the doctor is disinfected first and then local anesthesia is applied.
- The needle is inserted directly under the skin parallel to it.
- The doctor unlocks the lock and pulls the needle back so that the needle comes out and the implant stays inside.
- The doctor checks whether the implant is placed correctly by touching it with the hand, and if it is placed correctly, a tight bandage is applied to prevent bruising and it can be removed for 24 hours and another small tape can be removed after 2-3 days.
- Finally, the doctor will give you a card containing the location of the subcutaneous implant, the time it was performed and the dates it must be removed. You must keep this card.
Contraceptive implant removal
The subcutaneous implant removal process in Turkey is done as follows:
- The location of the implant is indicated on the user’s card. This way the doctor can easily find the implant site. However, in cases where an implant is not available, techniques such as MRI, ultrasound, or x-rays can detect the implant under the skin.
- The detected area is sterilized and anesthetized with local anesthesia.
- A small incision is made to remove the implant.
- The implant is pushed under the skin into the incision and removed with forceps.
- If it is required to replace the subcutaneous implant with a new one, it can be returned to the same place from the open incision.
- The area is well dressed and can be removed after 3-5 days.
Birth control implant video
You can see how the implant is inserted under the skin in Turkey from the video below.
Birth control implant in Turkey – NEXPLANON
One of the most popular types of contraceptive strips implanted under the skin, which is one of the methods of birth control, is the Nexplanon brand. Preferred by obstetricians, this brand is extremely safe and has good results. It contains the active ingredient Etonogestrel, so it prevents the release of an egg or makes it difficult for sperm to reach the egg. This hormone is similar to progesterone (the female hormone). A small amount of etonogestrel is released into the bloodstream for a long time.
Candidates for subcutaneous contraceptive implant
Women who do not want to become pregnant during their fertile period.
For women who do not wish to become pregnant immediately after childbirth, an implant may be placed under the skin after the fourth week.
Not candidates for subcutaneous contraceptive implant
- Women under the age of 18.
- Not suitable for the elderly.
- Patients with hepatic insufficiency should not use it.
- Advantages and disadvantages
- Provides protection for 3 years.
- It is one of the most effective birth control methods.
- It does not need to be used continuously like other birth control methods, once the implant is inserted it is effective for three years.
- It can be removed immediately if you want to have children again.
In people who are overweight, its effectiveness may last less than 3 years and may need to be replaced.
If the place where the implant is placed cannot be determined, it may be necessary to locate the site using MRI, ultrasound, or x-rays.
- Acne (pimples).
- a headache.
- Tightness and pain in the breast.
- irregular bleeding
- These side effects vary from person to person, and in any case it is necessary to consult a doctor.
Birth control implant in turkey cost
Subcutaneous chip implantation in Istanbul Turkey requires experienced doctors in this field. It is always recommended to choose a trusted medical center to provide the necessary expertise and sterilization. The average price of a subcutaneous chip in Turkey is $2,500.
FAQ – Birth control implant in Istanbul, Turkey
What are the methods of birth control for women?
Birth control pills, IUDs, hormonal injections, tubal ligation, and the contraceptive chip.
Can the chip be placed under the skin immediately after childbirth?
After the fourth week, an implant may be inserted under the skin.
How many years does the subcutaneous flap last in Turkey?
Its effect lasts for 3 years.
What is the price of subcutaneous transplantation in Turkey?
The price of the subcutaneous implant, the latest birth control, is about $2,500.