Jaw surgery in Turkey is a procedure performed by a specialist in the Department of Surgery, with the aim of treating diseases, injuries and deformities that occur to the tissues of the mouth, face and jaws, to obtain a more harmonious appearance.
|Procedure duration||2-3 Hours|
|Preferable Age||Up 18 years old|
|Results||After 2 weeks|
|Recovery period||2-3 Weeks|
|Turk Aesthetic cost||5500 Euro|
Before and after photos for Jaw surgery in Turkey
Reasons for performing jaw surgery
- Jaw surgery is performed for various reasons, the most famous of which are:
- Treatment of the jaw joints.
- Treatment of sleep apnea syndrome.
- Treating problems with chewing and closing the mouth completely.
- Treatment of the problem of asymmetry of the face.
- Treatment of deformities present from birth.
- Correction of deformities of the face and jawbones.
- Correction of deviation of the upper jaw from its correct position backward or forward.
- Correction of deviation of the lower jaw from its correct position backward or forward.
- To reconstruct the maxillofacial area after an injury to the face.
- Reducing pain associated with temporomandibular joint disorder or other jaw problems.
- Diagnosis and excision of tumors from the face area.
Maxillofacial surgery risks
Oral and maxillofacial surgery is considered a safe procedure, if it is under the supervision of a specialist doctor with experience in the field of maxillofacial surgery.
Each operation is accompanied by some complications. In the process of maxillofacial surgery, attention should be paid to:
- Pain associated with surgery.
- Bleeding after the operation.
- chance of infection.
- Deterioration of the tissues and normal structure of gums, teeth and bones.
- Jaw fractures.
- Tumor and infections after the operation.
- Having to perform more operations.
Jaw Surgery Types in Turkey
- The operation of jaw surgery takes place from inside the mouth and does not need to make incisions or openings in the face, sometimes the doctor may need to make small incisions outside the mouth.
- During the jaw surgery, the doctor makes incisions in the bones of the jaws, to install wires, screws and rubber bands, which help move the jaw to the desired place.
- In some cases, the doctor may need to take additional bones from the leg area or from the ribs to add them to the jawbone.
Upper jaw surgery
- In this type, the doctor cuts the bones above the teeth, in order to be able to move the upper jaw easily.
- The doctor matches the upper jaw with the lower jaw so that they are on the same level.
- The doctor fixes the upper jaw using wires, screws, and rubber bands; In order to treat its emergence or decline.
Lower jaw surgery
- In this type, the doctor cuts the bones under the teeth, in order to be able to move the lower jaw easily.
- The lower doctor matches the upper jaw to be on the same level.
- The doctor fixes the lower jaw using wires, screws, and rubber bands; In order to treat its emergence or decline.
The size of the chin for some people is unnatural or uneven, so this procedure is used to improve the appearance and maintain the consistency of the facial features.
The operation is performed for several reasons, including:
- Chin out of its normal position.
- Chin size is larger or smaller than normal.
- One side of the chin differs from the other.
A medical procedure to treat congenital facial deformities resulting from accidents or deformities a person was born with, such as a cleft lip, and facial reconstructive surgeries.
It is a type of deformity that some people are born with, which is holes or splits in the upper lip, and it is treated for children at the age of two years and may need several operations.
The doctor makes incisions on both sides of the cleft lip, and adds tissue to fill the space between the lip, then stitches the tissues into the muscles of the mouth.
The operation may touch a small scar that usually disappears somewhat after a period of time.
Face transplants are performed if a person suffers third-degree burns or accidents that cause facial deformities or birth defects that affect the external appearance.
Facial surgery is a complex process that takes more than 10 hours. This process accompanies many complications such as complications of surgery or the body’s reaction to the transplanted tissues.
The recovery period varies from patient to patient.
Jaw surgery steps in Turkey
Time needed: 4 hours.
- Before Procedure
Stop smoking at least 6 weeks before the operation.
Regularly drinking the required amount of water in the day.
Do not use medicines that cause blood thinners.
The doctor looks at the patient’s medical history, to make sure that there are no obstacles that might prevent the operation.
The doctor performs examinations on the jaw area using x-rays and CT scans.
The doctor determines the area from which the bone will be removed or if the bone will be transplanted.
Other routine checks such as complete blood count, clotting function and blood chemistry are done.
The doctor checks the medicines that the client is taking.
The doctor asks the client to fast for 8 hours before the operation
- During procedure
The client is given general anesthesia.
The mouth area is well sterilized, then the doctor makes incisions under the jaw area.
A small portion of the fatty tissue under the skin is removed, to provide a clearer view of the doctor.
The doctor begins to remove or implant the bone in the jaw area, according to the client’s condition.
After the operation is completed, the doctor will sew and close the incisions, and place a bandage to prevent infection.
- After Procedure
The client is booked in the center to monitor his condition for 24 hours.
The client avoids moving his mouth and facial muscles during the first 24 hours after the operation.
The doctor removes the stitches 10 days after the surgery.
The doctor prescribes the client for pain relievers.
During the first two weeks, symptoms of subcutaneous bleeding or swelling in the area of the operation may appear, but they disappear after two weeks after the operation.
If severe symptoms appear on the client such as high temperature, severe pain and secretions from the wound area, the client goes to the doctor immediately.
FAQ | Jaw surgery in Turkey
This operation is considered not dangerous, if it is performed by an experienced surgeon in an accredited center.
Orthodontics fixes a defect in the teeth such as their position or the presence of spaces between the teeth and does not require a specific age, but it cannot treat an imbalance in the jaw place. As for jaw surgery, it cannot be performed until after the completion of 18 years.
Because if a person is over 18 years old, orthodontists will not be able to move the teeth or jaws, so they are referred to a maxillofacial surgeon to correct jaw deformities.
In the first four weeks, he depends on fluids in his diet. After four weeks, he begins to add soft foods so as not to press hard on the jaws.