Gum contouring in Turkey is a process in which excess parts of the gums are removed; With the aim of improving the appearance of the teeth and avoiding any damage that these increases may cause.
|Session Duration||30-60 minutes|
|Recovery time||3-4 days|
|Turk Aesthetic cost||300-400 euro|
Video showing the process of Gum contouring in Turkey
At Turk Aesthetic, we have a staff of the best dentists in Turkey. Here is a video showing how to perform a periodontal surgery in Turkey in Istanbul.
Gum contouring methods in Turkey
Gum contouring in Turkey is performed by two different ways, By Surgery & by Laser, Here below a quick comparison between surgical and laser Gum contouring operations
|Surgical option||Laser Option|
|Cost||300-400 euro||500 euro|
|Pain||Slight pain||Slight pain|
|Recovery time||One week||5 days|
Gum contouring surgery in Turkey
- The goal of a gum clipping procedure is to remove excess gum tissue.
- Surgical interventions are among the oldest methods of periodontal treatment; It uses traditional medical equipment such as a scalpel to remove excess tissue from the gums.
- The procedure takes longer compared to other types.
- After the operation, the doctor resorts to stitching the wound.
- Gum removal surgery is a little painful; So the doctor gives analgesics to relieve the pain.
- The recovery period after the operation may exceed two weeks.
Laser Gum contouring in Turkey
- Laser Gum contouring is one of the most recent and proven techniques.
- The use of laser in cutting the gums is not accompanied by any pain.
- Laser Gum contouring is a delicate process compared to using surgery.
- Replacing the laser with the scalpel is a better option for anyone who has any fears of surgery.
- The duration of the procedure does not exceed 60 minutes in most cases.
Who can perform a Gum contouring operation in Turkey?
- If you have short teeth, gum extraction may be the best solution.
- In terms of aesthetics, laser Gum contouring adds an aesthetic touch.
- In case you encounter problems while eating, consult your doctor about the Gum contouring procedure.
- Those who have large gums, which affects the installation of braces or dental crowns, and others.
Doctors often use local anesthesia for this procedure.
Gum contouring process steps in Turkey
- In the beginning, the doctor must be chosen carefully, so that the doctor has long experience in cosmetic dental operations.
- Some tests are done in addition to an x-ray that shows the doctor how strong the teeth are.
- The doctor discusses with the client about the aesthetic look and final perception after the operation.
- The doctor points by using dedicated pens to mark the area to be removed.
- The doctor starts using local anesthesia and waits for it to take effect so that the operation does not cause any pain.
- In some cases, you may feel some slight pain, such as mild, painless tingling.
- Using the laser, the doctor begins to remove the areas that have been agreed upon.
Pros and cons in Turkey
- It only finishes in one session, but you may need to go to sessions later as a regular check-up.
- You need a short rest period, in most cases less than two days.
- The process of cutting the gums is not accompanied by side effects or unpleasant complications.
- Anesthesia used is local anesthesia, you do not need general anesthesia.
- In some cases, minor bleeding occurs for a few days after the operation.
- The occurrence of gingivitis due to exposure to infection.
- The emergence of a kind of sensitivity due to anesthesia or because of the operation, but it disappears with treatment.
- But please note that if you follow the doctor’s instructions, there will be none of these negatives.
Gum contouring cost in Turkey Istanbul
The success rate of Gum contouring surgery in Turkey is somewhat high, but it is indispensable to perform it in experienced centers equipped with the latest devices and technologies. It is advisable to choose a place that has the best sterilizers and efficiency, regardless of the price. The cost of Gum contouring starts with 300 – 500 euro depending on process type.
- After the Gum contouring procedure, you do not need to stay in the center or hospital, you may leave immediately after the effect of the anesthetic wears off.
- You may feel slight pain after the effect of the drug wears off, but you can control the pain by taking the pain medication recommended by the doctor.
- It is necessary to avoid eating spicy foods as well as solid foods so as not to cause gingivitis.
- Regularly taking medications as instructed by the doctor.
- It is preferable to refrain from smoking during the recovery period.
- Adhere to the periods of visiting the doctor to review the condition of the gums on a regular basis.
- It is not recommended to use mouthwash after the operation, so as not to cause infections.
FAQ | Gum contouring in Istanbul, Turkey
Is there a darkening of the gums after laser Gum contouring?
In some cases, a black layer may form, the reason for this is burning gum tissue while using the laser.
But don’t worry, this layer disappears after a short period of time once you take the medicines.
Does Gum contouring have any negative effects?
The pros of the operation remain higher than its cons, and the proportion of cons are less if the doctor’s instructions are adhered to.
The center is always committed to sterilization and the safety of the operation tools, but the customer must always implement the doctor’s instructions to stay away from smoking after the operation and others.
What is the appropriate type of eating after gum extraction?
It is recommended to eat soft foods and avoid spicy foods. So as not to harm the wound and delay the healing process.